Snapshot.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Hi, friends! I hope you all had a super weekend and a wonderful Monday. I meant to post yesterday, but it just didn't happen (really need to work on scheduling my posts ahead of time *sigh*). Anyways...what was I talking about? Oh yeah! My reasoning for not posting is that we have been super busy! Story of my life ;).



I am quickly learning that the only downfall to being the official family photographer is that I am never in any pictures! I probably have about 1,000 photos of Parker and Bryan playing on the couch....but they are just too freakin' cute and I can't resist. ;). Bryan is only a few weeks away from starting football season (and I am only a few weeks away from being a coach's widow until November), so we have been making sure to get in plenty of quality time with him before then. Can't wait to take Parker to his first football game next month!




Ya'll....our house is a disaster zone. I was tempted to start cleaning it this morning, but I made myself sit down to post. That's dedication in my clean-freak book. The disaster-ness is mainly due to some overwhelming cleaning and organization projects I decided to start (and am finding hard to finish) this weekend. I'll do my best to have a few posts up about those soon. AND I did a little sewing project for our guest bedroom this weekend as well. Post to come. Soon, friends, soon.



My friends are going to hate me for posting these (I always get complaints when I post pics of friends/family on the blog!), but we have been having so much fun with some of my favorite people so I couldn't resist. Our friends from high school (youth group), Kendra and Nathaniel (and their kiddos) came from CO to visit this weekend so we had a lot of fun spending time with them all weekend. Bryan has discovered a new golf course that he is in love with (remembering that come Christmas time), and went golfing not once but twice (big deal!) on Friday and Sunday. We were also happy to have two of my best friends from college (Alli and Whit) over on Friday night for pizza and hang-out time. It's crazy how refreshing girl time is these days! Last night, we headed over to the head coach's house for his daughter's 3rd birthday party. I had fun meeting the new coaches wives and letting Parker get some more sweet attention from everyone! Fun stuff.

On top of all of this, I have been nervously training for my half marathon which is set for September 23rd. Holy crap, I don't know if I can do it---but I'm going to try! My body is definitely weaker post-pregnancy, and I didn't realize just how hard it would be to train until I was already signed up for the race. I've been trying to do some sort of workout almost every day--but I'm not going to lie, I am still sore from the yoga video I did on Sunday (which was a beginner level)! I feel a little ridiculous...but so is life. ;)

ALSO....I have a new obsession. I have just discovered food and fitness blogs and I am seriously addicted. They are the perfect motivation to get my boot-ay off the couch and have tons of ideas for healthy meals. Did you know that people have blogs where all they do is take pictures of their meals throughout the day? Crazy-I know, but SO interesting! I love it. I have too many favorites to share, but I found a lot of them on Peas and Crayons by looking through her "What I Ate Wednesdays" link parties. I'm also loving (and kind of hating) the workouts from Blonde Ponytail. That girl is ripped!

Okay, I need to stop. I told myself I would be done blogging at 9am and it is now 9:21am....

Tell me, do you read food/fitness blogs? What are some of your favorites? Have you ever trained for a half marathon? What are some favorite workouts you've done? Anyone else have any new house projects that they would like to share?

Have a great, great Tuesday!


15 comments:

  1. oh gosh, that baby is beyond adorable! chubby cheeks get me every time. and don't worry, i can honestly say my house is definitely a bigger war zone than yours! ha
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thank you :). Ours is pretty bad right now, I can't even see the floor in our bedroom!

      Delete
  2. Loved the post!

    As for Fitness blogs... I LOVE Peanut Butter Fingers www.pbfingers.com. Julie, the blogger, is freaking adorable and really good about posting three times a day! I admire her discipline!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vicky! I will have to check that out! Three times a day?? I can't evern imagine haha!

      Delete
  3. good luck with your training, you can do it i know you can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Katy, Parker is just the CUTEST!! Those chubby little cheeks are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't hate you for posting the picture!! We looove Parker! (and you!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will do great in your race! Let me know if I can help with anything :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Blonde Ponytail workouts, she's fab

    Tab

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know--I found her on Pinterest, how have I never seen her before??

      Delete
  8. just found your blog and am a new follower :D your little family is adorable! please come check out my blog some time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kasey!! I am so glad you are reading. Thank you so much! I will do that.

      Delete
  9. Hi, Katy! I'm a new reader also- I just adore your blog and designs =) I've recently become a little obsessed with food/fitness blogs, too- My 2 faves are (as Vicky mentioned) Julie at pbfingers.com and Gina at fitnessista.com. They totally gave me the push I needed to start eating more "clean" foods and less processed junk. Good luck on your half marathon, I'm sure you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You do not need to pay back considerably for ones outfit to appear wonderful.

    We offer wedding dresses, bridesmaid dresses, beach wedding dresses,my friends welcome to visit and see!
    wedding dresses

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you!

I try to respond to all questions directly in the comment section, so be sure to check back if you ask anything.