24 Weeks.

Thursday, January 12, 2012




I've seen some great blogs that do weekly updates with Q&A's on how their pregnancies are progressing (like Little Baby Garvin and my new friend Natasha at Schue Love--so sweet!) so I thought I would give that a try this week. I'll probably mix these in with letters every so often....or I may not. I'm just going with the flow!


How far along? 24 Weeks! Only 16 more to go...
Baby Size: Almost a foot long! My app says to "picture an ear of corn". He weighs about 2 pounds!
Total weight gain/loss: Ha. I think I'm up 16 pounds. Eeek.
Maternity clothes? I haven't had to wear many maternity clothes just yet. I'm still wearing my old jeans and pants, but they don't seem to want to zip up anymore so I have two maternity tank tops and a Bella Band that I wear to hold them up. Still in all of my old shirts!
Stretch marks? No....and I'm hoping and praying that is stays that way! :)
Sleep: I sleep pretty well at night, but miss being able to sleep on my stomach. Sometimes I wake up on my stomach (whoops) and Bryan always freaks out. It's sweet. He's so worried about his boy!
Best moment this week: Ummm.... okay I've got one. I always tell Bryan how baby boy likes to kick HARD in the middle of the night...like to the point that he's woken me up. Well, I fell asleep before Bryan did on Monday night (which rarely happens) and he told me the next day that he just laid in bed with his hand on my belly and was able to feel him kick like crazy. I thought it was so sweet that he stayed up for that!
Miss Anything?  Not feeling like I live in a bubble! I never really knew just how much there is that pregnant women aren't allowed to do. I don't like it! I do my best to be healthy and careful for sweet baby boy, but I can't wait to feel normal again!
Movement: Yes! Kicks and punches every day for the last 6 weeks or so. Especially late at night and when I'm sitting still.
Food cravings: Hmmm....PIZZA. We've had it probably twice a week since I was 9 or 10 weeks. I love Papa John's! I also LOVE orange juice, mexican food, fruit in general, and tomatoes. Just typing the word "tomatoes" made my mouth water. Weird, right?
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Not anymore, thank goodness! I pretty much hated all food the first 14 weeks. And smells were the WORST. I couldn't even burn my pumpkin scented candle last fall because it made me gag :(. Now I only get queasy if my stomach is empty.
Have you started to show yet: I have a little bump! There wasn't much there at all until about 21 weeks though....up until then I just looked like I had a big lunch. Actually, people still tell me that I don't look pregnant, which I guess is a good thing :). I can still hide it if I really want to with flowy shirts....which is what I wear pretty much everyday.
Gender: BOY! Can't wait to meet him. And to figure out a name for him!
Labor Signs: Nope.
Belly Button in or out? Still an innie!
Wedding rings on or off? On...and still pretty loose!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Ha. Both. But it's always both, even when I'm not pregnant. :)
Looking forward to: Going to our 24 week appointment this week! I hope they give us a quick ultrasound. I love getting to see him! I'm also really excited for my mom to come into town next weekend. She is going to help me get some fun nursery stuff done! And then my in-laws will come by the weekend after that, so me and my mother-in-law will yet again check some things off of the "nursery to-do list". So excited!

5 comments:

  1. Stop being so darn cute. I hope I look like that/can wear heels when I'm pregnant some day!! hehe. I love these pregnancy updates. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh YAY! I love the update and hearing how you're doing! And you look great...love the heels!! Thanks for the little shout-out! :) Have a great weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photo! Are you running to the bathroom all.the.time? LOL I was with my little boy. He lived on my bladder and sat low the whole duration. And boy did he move! He is still really active. He will definitely keep you on your toes once he is here. But, they are so much fun!!! Enjoy every moment as they go by SO FAST. I can't believe mine is 5 already and will be starting kindergarten next fall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are glowing! Such a cute bump too. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the update! You are the cutest with that little bump!! Can't wait to read more and see what you do with nursery!

    P.S. Where did you get those pants?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you!

I try to respond to all questions directly in the comment section, so be sure to check back if you ask anything.