Recipe: Grilled PB & Cinnamon Apple Sandwich

Wednesday, August 10, 2011


Alright, this sounds weird, but it's de-lish. Promise. And purely a product of my late-night "I can't sleep" imagination.

Here we go:

Ingredients:

-2 slices of bread (I used whole wheat from the bakery...the fancy stuff)
-peanut butter (crunchy or creamy works, I used a little of both)
-1/2 apple, cut into slices (I used a Gala apple, but I actually think Granny Smith would taste even better)
-1 TBSP honey
-Cinnamon to taste (I probably used about 1 TSP)

Directions:

Spread peanut butter on a piece of bread. Slice apples and place them on top of peanut butter. Drizzle honey over apples. Add cinnamon.


(This is mine pre-cinnamon)

Place other slice of bread on top (duh). Grill each side on a skillet or grill pan at medium heat until bread is golden brown. Serve and enjoy.



If apples aren't your thing, I can promise you that bananas would be the perfect substitute. This knowledge is completely due to my obsession with peaunut butter/banana/cinnamon sandwiches. Yummmm.

Have a great day!

P.S. Chances are, I'm linking this post to a couple of link parties which can be found HERE. Check them out!

15 comments:

  1. Yum! I'll have to try this! Thanks for sharing!

    Becca
    http://blondeslogic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That looks incredible and I am definitely trying it out. YUmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post, love the photos!
    Bookmarked,
    see mine http://thepileofstyle.blogspot.com/
    you might like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now this is a great lunch sandwich!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am so going to try this today...not only do I run the cabinet for peanut butter around midnight but I'm a sucker for dunking apple slices in the jar and scooping it out as well

    Thanks for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I eat peanut butter banana sandwiches all the time, but I have never tried a sandwich like this. This looks yuuuummy! I am a new follower and would love for you to link up at my Savvy HomeMade blog party at http://www.homesavvyatoz.com/2011/08/14/blog-party-3/

    I look forward to blogging with you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This grilled pb cinnamon apple sandwich is a must try! Kids will love it!

    Stop by and link up at What’s Cooking Wednesday!

    http://www.extremepersonalmeasures.com/2011/08/whats-your-favorite-cookbook.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! I'm sure my kids would love this (if I could get them to try it).

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks wonderful! I will definitely try this. My kids will love this too. Thanks for sharing!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  10. YUM! So simple and yet so GOOD! I'd love it if you came over to Cast Party Wednesday and shared some of your recipes with us.
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

    http://ladybehindthecurtain.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've tried grilled pb&j before and that's really good. I've never thought of putting apples with the peanut butter. Sounds awesome and it's about to be the perfect time of year for them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've tried grilled pb&j before and that's really good. I've never thought of putting apples with the peanut butter. Sounds awesome and it's about to be the perfect time of year for them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the combination of texture and flavor in your recipe. Not to mentions, it's so simple! Thanks for sharing.

    My blog turns 1 today and I'm hosting a giveaway on my blog as a way to say thank you for your supports in the past year. Please come over to check it out if you're interested. http://utry.it

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you!

I try to respond to all questions directly in the comment section, so be sure to check back if you ask anything.