Our Master Bedroom

Monday, August 1, 2011

Hello all. First I want to thank you all for your sweet comments yesterday. They were very encouraging and really helped me get over my feeling idiotic for taking pictures of myself. Seriously, thanks!

Exciting post today. I have finally finished and photographed our bedroom transformation. This has been a long time coming, but I'm so happy to say that it feels pretty complete. There are a few other extra projects that I may do in this room, but for now, it's "done".

You may remember the "Before":



And here is the "After":


($5 if you can spot lazy Louie)



The frame above our bed is from Savers. Yes. It was $6.99. When I picked it up, I thought, "Am I really going to buy this for my home? Seriously?"....Yep, I did. And I love it!

We had a very large amount of unused mirrors sitting in our storage room. I don't know what my deal is, but when I don't know what to buy, I always resort to wall mirrors. Any way, I tried to use a couple of them by stacking them on our dresser. Love, love.


Our lovely duvet cover and shams are from the "Sienna Paisley" bedding collection at Pottery Barn. EBay, baby. Half the price.

The velvet euro shams are from Target. I'm kind of obsessed with them.


I'm so proud of myself because I managed to make this bed skirt! Tutorial to come. Total cost: $14.


I got the lamp on super sale at TJ's. $18. There's a dent on the back of the shade..."So what?" is what I say to that.



Ah, these stools. I'd been looking for cute garden stools for several months, and then I came across these beauties at World Market. On sale. Sold!


Our child. Our very bored child.


The wall color is "Bay Sands" by Valspar. It's a shade lighter than the color in our bathroom. We don't have room for bedside tables (our door is the to right of the bed and almost touches it when it's open), so the lamp will eventually move to our guest room to make way for wall sconces. I love me some good wall sconces!


So that's the room. I feel like we did a lot with such a small space. I'm hoping to add some wall art to the wall that's on the left side of bed, but until then, we are fin-ished.

Hope that I'm not the only one who loves it! Have a great, great day.

P.S. 30 for 30 will return tomorrow!


Double P.S. Chances are, I'm linking this post to a couple of link parties which can be found HERE. Check them out!

24 comments:

  1. Alright your space is simply perfect not too much just enough. I love the pieces at the end of the bed and the pattern on the bedding is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Comeca...I simply love the vignette you created for the chest of drawers. I love seeing the stuff you find and how you put it together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the stacked mirrors! I never would have thought to do that. You have given me inspiration for our guest bedroom..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous transformation Katie! I love the soft palette on your bedding and the stacked mirrors on your dresser. I am loving your blog so happy I found you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely beautiful!! Thanks for stopping by and following me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um, let me say that you have such a grown up looking bedroom. I love it! Mine looks like a dorm room and a thrift store had baby together. Haha.
    And good luck with the 30 for 30. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did such a great job! Good choice of prints and colors! And I love the two mirrors! I would have never thought of that but it works!

    Becca
    http://blondeslogic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so beautiful and serene! Love the color palette:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the PB bedding. Your room is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! I love the stacked mirrors! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your room is absolutely gorgeous! At first I thought you were going to say that you painted the furniture. The items you used completely transformed the room. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow- gorgeous transformation! I love the wall color, bedding and stools! Everything came together beautifully. And I love that you find such great deals! I am your newest follower! Thanks for following me too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did an amazing job on this transformation. This should be in a magazine. I love the colors and the placement of the furniture. Absolutely fabulous job!

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the beautiful soft colors. And I loved how you layered and leaned some of the frames. Gorgeous room!

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely room! I love so much about it - the 2 layered mirrors and pretty lamp on the dresser, those nice euro pillows and the hassocks at the foot of the bed. such a nice job - looks wonderfully composed. xo to you and your pup!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Terrific redo. We're in the middle of a very messy reno right now but I'm so looking forward to making me room an oasis again.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your furniture is to die for and your dog is beyond adorable! I just want to pet him all day!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You did a beautiful job on the makeover! I especially love the subtle color palette. I think the mirrors look really cool stacked on your dresser. I like the mix of the different frames. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi I jsut found you over at Miss Mustard Seed. I love your new bedroom. This is the same style I'm working on through out my home. Great pictures and a wonderful job putting all the details together.

    Hugs...Tracy :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am in LOVE with your bedroom! I have had my eye on the same PB Duvet set for a few months...I may have to check ebay out!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your pictures are so pretty! Thanks for sharing your beautiful home :)


    PS: We featured this! Yay! Can't wait to see what you have this week :) xo
    http://lollyjaneboutique.blogspot.com/2011/08/wgw-24-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your bedroom looks beautiful. I especially like the way you made your bed, the stacked mirrors, and the blue sea fans.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You did a great job on the construction here.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you!

I try to respond to all questions directly in the comment section, so be sure to check back if you ask anything.