Recipe: 45-Second Chocolate Chip Cake

Monday, August 22, 2011

Ya'll are going to hate me. Why? Well, because I'm about to get you addicted to something that I know isn't too healthy for you. No, it's not smoking. Or drugs (HA)....it's cake.

I've been noticing these "instant" single serving chocolate cakes all over Pinterest, so I decided to give in and try this one, which (of course) I fell in love with (although I added chocolate chips to the original recipe). This new discovery lead me to begin thinking about what other types of instant cakes I could come up with.

Ever since then, I've been in cake heaven. Today I'm going to share with you one of my own creations: The 45-Second Chocolate Chip Cake.




I cannot even begin to tell you how good this is. It's better than any chocolate chip cookie you've ever had, and it only takes about 5 minutes to make from start to finish.

Ingredients:

-2 tbsp flour
-1 tbsp sugar (I used Truvia)
-1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
-1/4 tsp baking soda
-Pinch of salt
-2 tbsp milk
-1 tsp vegetable oil
-1/4 tsp vanilla extract
-1-2 tbsp chocolate chips

Mix the flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt in a small cereal bowl or mug. Add the milk, oil, and vanilla extract and stir in. Mix in chocolate chips. Place the bowl/mug in microwave for 45-55 seconds. Make sure to not cook it too long! Sprinkle a few extra chocolate chips on top once it's cooked.

Serve and enjoy!!


I think we can all tell that I liked mine :). I also made an AMAZING apple cinnamon version that I will share in the near future. Seriously, this may have replaced apple pie as my all time favorite dessert.

DIY Floral Arrangements will be back next week!

Have a great and happy day, everyone.

13 comments:

  1. I will seriously cook it tomorrow. I cannot believe you can have a cooked dessert that fast

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...I am in trouble! That is sounds like it is right up my alley on the days when I want something fast and sweet.

    Thanks for sharing...I think :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, you know this could be trouble for us since Al's all time favorite cookie is choc. chip!! This looks yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha sorry guys, but I promise you will LOVE it!! And Judy--I was totally thinking of Al and his obsession with chocolate chip cookies when I made this! He's in trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this wonderful idea! We made these last night and they were wonderful (though we had to cook them for 2 minutes -- not sure if it was the bowl choice or microwave!). We live in the tiniest flat ever with no oven (and my cupcake maker has died!) so while I love to bake, I often get very sad when I see great recipes that I can't make. I was thrilled to find this idea on your blog (and even happier when I relized I had all the ingredients in my cupboar) and it has softened the sting of not being able to bake. So, thanks! I'm looking forward to your apple cinnamon recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alisa, I'm so glad you enjoyed them!! And 2 minutes is still pretty fast to enjoy a great dessert! Thank you for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sooooo this kills me. dessert should not be this accessible me. not good but so so good

    ReplyDelete
  8. can you sub the milk for something else? like water maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  9. We featured your recipes in out weekly Food Trend Friday blog post. You can check it out here. Thanks and love the recipes!

    http://blog.recipelion.com/food-trend-mug-cakes/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This recipe would be quick and easy for the kids to make as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is the dough supposed to be real runny before it is cooked?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I followed the recipe to the letter, and it just boiled up and over the bowl. It did not set at all. Should the microwave be at a lower setting?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gross.... Disgusting and slimy, never cooked, not happy.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you!

I try to respond to all questions directly in the comment section, so be sure to check back if you ask anything.