DIY Creative Floral Arrangements: Part Two

Monday, August 15, 2011

Hello everyone! Hope you all are having an awesome Tuesday. Today, I will be sharing another post in my series on how to do your own floral arrangements on a budget. Thank you so much for your compliments on the arrangement from last week; I hope you went and tried it out yourself!

Here is what I will show you how to make today:

Cute, huh? As I've mentioned before, my goal for this series was to create arrangements with items that most people already have in their homes. And who doesn't have a few pretty bowl lying around? I hope no one. We use our bowls on a daily basis. I have to have my cereal, yo. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Anyway...here are the steps to make it on your own:

STEP ONE: Use some of your leftover flowers and plant food from last week's arrangement. I actually just plucked a few stems from the huge antique hydrangea I bought. Find some cute bowls or teacups. I used four, but feel free to use however many your little heart desires. Optional: Grab a bit of Spanish moss for a little extra something. I bought a huge bag of this stuff at Hobby Lobby while it was 50% off....I think it was around $2, but it was mainly used for our Mini Patio Project last May.


STEP TWO: Begin stacking your bowls by putting a little bit of Spanish moss in between each bowl. You just need enough to make it hang over the edges. I made sure to tilt my bowls as I stacked them to add a fun touch.


See? Fun touch.


STEP THREE: Fill your top bowl that will hold your flower stems halfway with water. Make sure to put in plant food. Trim the stems so that the flowers rest on the edge of the bowl. (My bad, no pictures of this step...but it's pretty easy.)

STEP FOUR: Place the arrangement on the top of the other bowls.


STEP FIVE: Adjust the bowls and flowers to your liking. You're done! Enjoy.

And here's where mine ended up in my house:


In the first step, I mentioned that the Spanish moss was optional. The reason for this is because it really looks just as cute without it, so if you don't feel like running out to buy any moss, don't worry about it!

See what I mean?


Very simple, very easy, and most of all, very affordable. Now that's what I like.


 I hope you all enjoy trying this arrangement out. Come back next week for another DIY Floral Arrangement!

P.S. Be sure to enter the giveaway from UPrinting.com....you don't want to miss it!

Double P.S. I'll probably link this post to a couple of link parties which can be found HERE. Check them out!

13 comments:

  1. What a simple and elegant arrangement! Love the layers the bowls create. (BTW - who makes those bowls? They are beautiful!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is absolutely darling! What a clever idea and I'm definitely going to be trying that one soon. :-) I found you through Kristin's party and I'm a new follower now!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this one! The bowls are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, SO CUTE! I can't wait to make a couple of these for around my house. What a great gift idea too. My friends will love them!
    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute are these bowls! Its the waffle pattern on the bowls that get me total fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your site! Just wanted to pop in and say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so unique! I found you on Weardrobe and will be a new follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I love this! So creative. I hope you will share at my party!

    http://www.cherishedbliss.com/2011/08/craft-and-tell-no-19.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! :) Would love for you to link this up to my (wow me) wednesday link party going on right now on my blog. :) (I'm a new follower, too! You have a lovely blog.)

    Ginger
    gingersnapcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am having a party this weekend and I am definitely going to take this flower arrangement ideas there. Thanks a lot I needed something to spice up the party.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you!

I try to respond to all questions directly in the comment section, so be sure to check back if you ask anything.