Our master bedroom is very....blah. That's the word that comes to mind when I think of it. And beige. The room is very, very beige. Since I spend a lot of time in our room, it's only natural that I would be sick of the beige, blank walls, ivory bedding, and brown furniture....so I'm very excited that we plan on mixing it up a little in the next few months. I've honestly put off decorating our room for the last year simple because I didn't know what to do. BUT, I've recently kind of found my "style" as far as home decor goes (light, airy, lots of whites, creams, blues, greens, updated traditional, blah, blah, blah....), so I'm ready to move forward (woo hoo!).
So, to get in the spirit of things, I decided to make an inspiration board to keep me going in the right direction. I tend to get overwhelmed when I decorate, so I'm thinking that this may help. Before I show you all of the lovely inspiration I dug up, I must first show you what I have to look at every day.
Bare and beige. Yeah. Boring.
Why yes, that is my flexi-nylon hamper that I've had since my freshmen year of college. I'm that cool.
And here is what I hope to be looking at in the near future....
A few fun notes: (we're doing bullets, people)
- The paint color in the top left is called "Camouflage" by Benjamin Moore. I am obsessed with this color and can't wait to get it on the walls.
- I'm obsessed with sunburst mirrors, that's all.
- The beautiful bedding is a duvet set from Pottery Barn. I love it. Maybe it's because it reminds me of the pillows in our living room which I'm also obsessed with. Coincidence? I think not.
- I'm thinking of hanging a large cluster of frames with some vintage botanical prints on the blank wall that you see right when you come in our room. Or maybe something else. That's still up in the air.
- We don't have room for bedside tables and lamps on either side of the bed so it's looking like we will be getting some pretty wall sconces! (The floor lamp has already been moved to the Guest Room)
- I'm also a little obsessed with smocked curtains, like the ones pictured above from World Market. Let's see if I end up getting them!
- A few light, but patterned fabrics are also a must somewhere in the room. I'm thinking stripes.
- I really hope this fits the description of calm, light, and airy....because if it doesn't, I probably need to start over.
- I said the word "obsessed" way too many times in the above list.