Birthdays, Weddings, and Busy-ness

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Is everyone else as busy as I am during the Spring? This last week has been absolutely crazy, but really fun. Which explains my lack of blogging. That will be better starting now now!

Here is what we did this weekend...

On Friday, we had another Lubbock Alumni Luncheon up at LCU. After we had that all cleaned up, I headed home and got started getting ready for our garage sale. I paused to go to dinner with a few of my friends at the one and only Pei Wei  (we had a great time!), and then I went and bought more garage sale supplies. Now, a couple of weeks ago when I was originally planning the garage sale, it was just going to consist of the junk from my house, but after talking with a couple of my friends we decided to include their junk too! So, at about 10:00 at night Alli and Whit came over to began the long process of hanging signs and tagging everything for the next morning. Here is just tidbit of the mood that night:


I apparently thought this whole situation was hilarious since I never stopped laughing! Anyways, we were up till about 2am setting everything up, and then had to get up again at 6:30am to set everything out on the driveway. It was a ton of work, but definitely worth the $473.50 that just I made alone!! The other girls made a ton as well, and we're all junk free! I have definitely jumped on the garage sale train....we will be having another at the end of the summer.

After cleaning everything up we got ready for our friend Kaitlin's wedding. If you know me, you know I'm a sucker for weddings. I cry every.single.time. This wedding was definitely no exception. Kaitlin looked beautiful, the weather was perfect, and my friends and I had a good time. Here's few pictures of the night:

 The ring bearer was possibly the cutest thing I've ever seen. He even went up and took Kaitlin's bouquet in the middle of the ceremony haha!





My pretty friends!



AND Rosa's catered....amazing!

 Loved that candy bar!!


 The beautiful bride and I:


Kaitlin and her dad did the funniest father-daughter dance ever! It started out very sweet and traditional, but then they surprised everyone with a choreographed remix...complete with money :).


I came home exhausted, but the busy-ness didn't stop there! We hosted our small group on Sunday night at our house, which was very fun! I always have a great time talking with everyone and am so thankful we have found a group of church friends we fit with.

And tomorrow's my birthday! The big 2-3. I can't believe a whole year has passed since the last one. 22 was an important year for me; I graduated college, bought a house, got a "big girl" job, and got a dog. Lots of very big things!! I hope and pray that this next year has as many exciting things in store as the last one. :)

Well, I'm SO tired, so I'm getting in bed. Have a great week!!

2 comments:

  1. Love your pictures--looks like such a fun wedding! Hope you have a very happy birthday tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a full, but wonderful weekend!I hope you have an amazing 23rd Birthday today! Love you!!:)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you!

I try to respond to all questions directly in the comment section, so be sure to check back if you ask anything.