Garden Update

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Well, I just spent the last hour and a half goofing around on the internet (Facebook, you will be the death of me), and then realized that I originally got on here to write a new blog post. So, here I am.

There hasn't been too much progress in our yard in the last 3 weeks. The plants have grown a lot in my eyes, but it's not noticeable enough for you all to be wowed. So, I'm just going to do a little sneak peak of one of the hostas I took a photo of right after it was planted and compare it to what it is now.


See? It's much bigger! So just imagine that amount of growth pretty much all around the yard. More updates to come.

It's Friday. Happy Friday! Friday's are my favorite because it is the one time of the week that I feel completely energized and at peace knowing that a whole weekend lies ahead to do whatever my little heart desires. You know what I'm talking about. Best. Feeling. Ever. We're having a garage sale tomorrow, and I plan on getting some sort of house project done as well! I might read a book too. (Suggestions??) I'm also wearing a braid in my hair today. Just thought you should know, because braids make me feel really cool and like I'm 10 years old all at the same time. Also a good feeling.

I also just wanted to put this thought out there: I think you should go read Enjoying the Small Things sometime today. I absolutely love reading her posts. She really does focus on the the little things that make life so special, and I am feeling especially encouraged by that lately, so I thought I'd share. And she is a GREAT writer. Oh, and while I'm on the subject of things that encourage me, you should also go sign up to get daily devotionals emailed to you from Lifetime.org. I have really come to love reading these everyday when things get crazy at work. They are usually just what I need to hear, and the sweet lady that wrote them is so....real. Like to the point where I think "She really gets it". You can see the entire devotional archive HERE.

Well, that's it for today. Have fun, relax, and be careful this weekend!

2 comments:

  1. i read kelle hampton too...great writer and so inspiring :). hope to raise my family like that someday too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is useful and helpful. Most people will definitely assert that everything in your blog site is nice. If you maintain publishing educational content on your online site,

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you!

I try to respond to all questions directly in the comment section, so be sure to check back if you ask anything.