Laundry Room Design Board

Wednesday, September 25, 2013




If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen that we laid new tile in the laundry room this weekend. I am SO excited because I was very over the nasty linoleum and beat up baseboards that were in there. 

I love the tile, we got it from Home Depot for under $3 a square foot. I'm really trying to add more black to the color scheme for our house (just a hint), so I figured tile would be a good way to do that. We are also going to do some sort of planked wall or maybe board and batten in here. I am thinking of painting all of the trim and the wainscotting in Benjamin Moore Wickam Gray and the walls and ceiling in Benjamin Moore Paper Mache. Since we have popcorn ceilings in this house, we plan on putting beadboard on the ceilings in certain rooms, including this one. I can't wait!





As you can see, it is very yucky yellow in here and just...gross. A very depressing place to do a daily chore! We'll also change the lighting, paint the doors, and put in open shelving. I also really want to put some wall hooks on the wall across from the washer and dryer to hang bags and keys since everything tends to get dumped on the dryer right now. (The door to our garage is to the left of the washer and dryer.) Since there isn't much opportunity for fabrics in here, I was thinking of doing what I could and recovering the ironing board with a fun leopard print. I figured I could get away with a girly fabric in here since I spend the most time in here anyways, haha. 

I'm really hoping to get this room done for about $600...which seems like a lot for a small room, but we are replacing the tile, baseboards, and doing the wainscoting and beadboard treatment on the ceiling. We already have the ceiling light and shelving so hopefully we will save a bit of money in the long run :).

What do you think? Are there any specific things I should keep in mind when redoing our laundry room?

Have a great day.

7 comments:

  1. Love the mood board! I can't wait to do some revamping in our laundry room too. It's very tiny so we're thinking stackable washer & dryer so we can add some additional shelving and free up some space :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so smart, Amanda! We should have done that in our last laundry room. This one's a bit bigger, so we don't need to do that, but it is definitely a great option. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Love love love your ideas! Perfect balance or rustic chic and classic! Can't wait to see it all come together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Natasha! Can't wait to get it done :)

      Delete
  3. It may need a lot of work but it's got a lot of potential! Our laundry "room" is a closet in our family room right now. :( I can't wait for the day I have an actual room, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least you're getting to save some money by not having to decorate it, haha :) But I can definitely understand wanting more space!!

      Delete
  4. I love your ideas! The tile is perfect. Can't wait to see the end result!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you!

I try to respond to all questions directly in the comment section, so be sure to check back if you ask anything.