Organized Home: Gift Wrap / Scrapbooking Supplies

Friday, August 23, 2013

One of the first organizational projects I did in our new house dealt with finding a place for all of my gift wrap and scrapbooking supplies. I have A LOT of each and needed a dedicated system that would be easy to keep organized. 

I also didn't want to spend any money :).

SO, I decided to use some of those cheap-o plastic bins that you can find at Target or Wal-Mart (I already had a couple) and wrangle everything in one place. 




There are two shelves stacked on top of each other. I put these in the empty closet that is in my craft room. They fit perfectly!



The top is for all of my gift wrap. The labels I made (using scrapbooking paper and my label maker) are: 1) Tissue & Ribbon, 2) Gift Bags, and 3) Gift Boxes

I thought about putting tape and scissors in here, but I use those so often that they are on the shelves that I talked about last week. I also have them in my command center that I hope to show you soon!



In the gift box drawer I have a little bin (Dollar Spot at Target) that holds gift tags and labels. 




All of my rolls of wrapping paper are in a basket right outside the closet.




The lower shelf is all about scrapbooking! 



I cleaned out my scrapbooking supplies (I had waaaaaaay too much of it), and made these labels for the drawers: 1) Adhesives, Measure & Cut,  2) Embellishments, 3) Scrapbook Supplies, 4) Albums & Keepsakes



(I am just now noticing that I moved the adhesives bin to another drawer --oops!)

In my 'Embellishment' drawer, I have two bins (also from the Dollar Spot) with all of my stamps, ribbon, cardboard letters, fake flowers, and buttons. The plastic bags that everything is in are from my Paper Studio scrapbooking cart (I love that thing, but it is so hard to keep clean!)



The next drawer is general supplies...paper, punches, adhesives (there they are!), and stickers. The stickers and loose paper are in clear plastic holders from Hobby Lobby.




The bottom drawer consists of all of my unfinished albums and keepsakes that I want to put in the albums. The picture is kind of boring so I left it off :).

It's not much, but I cannot tell you how amazing it is to have a designated space for this stuff! My stress level is non-existent when I craft now. It is wonderful!

I also wanted to note that a few weeks after I had finished this project, I noticed one very similar to it on Pinterest...I thought it was so weird but I guess it's not that complicated of an idea (dang it!)...anyways, just wanted to let you know that I didn't intentionally copy :). 

--------------------------------------

Do you have a system to organize your gift wrap and/or scrapbooking supplies? I would love to hear about it!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is very antique and informative and I love your stuff.
    Scrapbooking

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you!

I try to respond to all questions directly in the comment section, so be sure to check back if you ask anything.