My Book List.

Friday, August 17, 2012


Hey, everyone! I'm blogging from the beautiful Winder, Georgia right now and just wanted to drop by and fill you in on the books that I for some crazy reason am trying to read all at once.

I try and tell myself that I am a master multitasker, but really, I'm not...so none of these are completely finished, but I like them all just the same.




I've already read half of this book in two nights (which a a VERY big deal when you have a 3-month-old) and am loving it. It's pretty much about raising your children to be encouraged, not spoiled, and has a ton of interesting info. regarding birth order.





This book makes you think. My sister (who is an Art Therapy major) told me about it so I decided to give it a try. The author talks a lot about using the right-side of your brain to evoke creativity. To sum it up-- he basically proves that right-brainers rule the world :).






I haven't started this one yet, but I hear it's great. Lately, I feel like I've been on a "discovering myself" kick--you know, what makes me happy, what I genuinely like to do, what makes me feel the most creative--so reading this seemed like a no-brainer. I'm excited to get started!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The main reason for this post is this: I want to know what YOU are reading!

I'm always on the hunt for good books--fiction, non-fiction, self improvement, parenting....you name it, I will probably like it. I'm obviously lacking in the fiction department right now....maybe a few recs in that area?

Have a wonderful weekend!








9 comments:

  1. Winder?! I'm only about 15 minutes east of there- just outside of Athens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, those sound like good ones! I just finished Gone Girl, which was really twisted and a fast read; now I'm working on THe Night Circus, which is really dreamy. I'll have to check out Imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drive sounds interesting! I'll have to check it out.

    I finished it awhile a go, but I loved "Onward" --the Starbucks book. Nothing about it reads like a business book. And I've loved reading "Bittersweet" by Shauna Niequist

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good choices. I'm currently reading "Gone Girl". It's kind of crazy, but really hard to put down. I'm a new follower by the way. Love your blog--I really like your home tour. I like all of your fabrics--very relaxing and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too am reading Gone Girl. I loveeeeeeeeeee it. I've been a big book rut lately and this book is incredible. I agree with the previous poster, it's hard to put down!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gone Girl is next on my list, too! Some good ones I've read lately are 'a good and perfect gift', 'flat out love', 'Nantucket lights', and 'sing you home'. I love anything by Jodi Picoult - she's my favorite! I may have to read 'first-time mom' - maybe a little late, but I love the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to read Kevin Leman a few times for my Family Studies courses in college - loved them. I'm gonna have to order that off Amazon to read in preparation :) I also need a new fiction book, I'm gonna check out Gone Girl from the library, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad this internet thing works and your article really helped me. Might take you up on that home advice you.wedding dresses

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you!

I try to respond to all questions directly in the comment section, so be sure to check back if you ask anything.