Homecoming!

Monday, February 7, 2011

Hi! It's been a whole WEEK since I have posted! That's very unusual for me, but I have good reason: this past weekend was LCU's Homecoming/Master Follies weekend. As most everyone who reads this knows, I am the Event Coordinator in Alumni Relations so I was VERY busy all last week.

Despite being completely clueless as to what goes on with the "Alumni" side of Homecoming (I was always on the Master Follies side), I think that we (when I say "we" I mean the Alumni Relations Team) pulled off a pretty successful weekend. There are several things that will be changing in the years to come, but I would say that we did the best with what we had and the time that we had to plan it in. I had such a great time meeting alumni and hearing their stories--I can't wait until next year!

The weekend started off with class reunions, which had a pretty good turnout considering the fact that all of our Dallas alumni had to cancel due to weather.

I don't really have any "people" pictures at all since there were university photographers at all the events, so I just brought my camera for detail shots for my portfolio :).



My friend Whitney and I made all the centerpieces for the weekend. I don't normally like daisies at all, but I have to admit, I really like these and LOVE the way they all turned out! We used lilies, Gerber daisies, roses, and bear grass.


 These guys were both in Hard Travelers (LCU's band) when they were in school and had a little reunion of their own--it was actually really neat!


My lone picture of the Golden Anniversary Luncheon. I told you...nothing but details! This luncheon went great and I loved seeing all of the 50th reunion class reminisce with each other!


We had a LOT of events going on at the same time (like literally all day Friday and Saturday), but our biggest event was the first ever Alumni Awards Dinner. This was my absolute favorite event of the weekend (besides Follies) and went SO well!



This lady is AMAZING at the piano.


Our awesome programs that the Director of Marketing made for us at the very last minute!


Dr. Jones!


And on to Master Follies! I loved being able to go to every show (we usually helped with them too). On Saturday night (aka the "big" show) we actually got to sit in the front and watch the show in its entirety.  It was really good!


I have very random (and very few) pictures from this. I actually have a lot of people I don't know at all, so I decided not to post those since that's super creepy.

I had to put this one of Sub-T up because they were Avatar and it was hilarious.


I didn't get any of Kappa due to the fact that I spent the time during their show screaming my head off. BUT they won, and I was SO proud!

Here's a very dark picture of a few of them after awards (they were Jack in the Box):


Love!

So....busy weekend. But....FUN weekend!!!

I've been spending the little bit of free time I've had decorating our living room so I'll post pictures of that sometime this week! (if you're lucky)

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thank you!

I try to respond to all questions directly in the comment section, so be sure to check back if you ask anything.