Yay new landscaping!!

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Hi everybody!

One of the BIG projects that we have coming up this March is to put new landscaping and flowers in our front and back yard. We worked really hard on our front yard last summer, and it actually looked really great, especially since it was nothing but weeds when we first moved in.





Of course, we wouldn't have been able to do any of that without the help of our families--especially my mom :). Our backyard on the other hand, didn't get any TLC except for our attempt to kill all the weeds, which we did eventually accomplish.




Since I am lucky enough to have a mom who is a very talented "Garden Designer", she has agreed to help us out and re-do basically our entire backyard AND put more flowers in the front yard. We are also installing a sprinkler system so that we can have pretty grass and so I don't accidentally kill the flowers (which may have happened in the past...)

She has a really neat program on her computer that can build houses and gardens so you can see what it will look like once it's done. She sent me several pictures the other day, and I about FREAKED out when I opened them...I'm in love!

Here is our house from above. See how the backyard has 2 HUGE flowerbeds that currently don't exist? Yeah! And it has grass! (I'm really excited for the grass part.)


This is the front yard....obviously. We already have all the trees and several of the rose bushes.



There's so much color, I love it! We already have those pots too, we just need to put new flowers in them.
 I can't even tell you what all will be planted here. I know that there are knock-out roses, some sort of daisies, impatiens, and then maybe petunias (?), and a bunch of other flowers too!


Ok, now pretend you're walking from the front yard to the side of the house to get the back. When you open the gate, this is what you will see! 


Keep following the path and this is what you will see...


We already have the willow trees. And we also have the hydrangeas (although they are currently in the front yard, dying from too much sun), all of the flowering trees, and a big, really pretty rose bush.


This is the other side of the backyard.


Here's the view from the back gate looking at the house. We will be adding things like lavender, hostas, purple coneflowers, shasta daisies, different grasses, lots of other roses, and several other things that I can't remember. So excited!

We need to get furniture for our patio so that we can sit out at look at our pretty garden!


That random concrete slab over on the right side is actually our storage shed, but she decided not to build it :).


That's basically it! I can't wait until it's done and I can post the real pictures! Of course, all of the plants in these images are full grown, so it won't be quite as "lush" when we plant it initially, but eventually it will be! We will also probably be adding a few things over time to help with the cost, but I think for the most part it will be done in March (unless something unexpected happens, and then it will be postponed...which will be sad)!

Thanks again Mom, you're the best!! That's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thank you!

I try to respond to all questions directly in the comment section, so be sure to check back if you ask anything.