Parker's First Day of Pre-School.

Friday, September 5, 2014

Parker had his first day of pre-school on Tuesday. It was a BIG deal for our BIG kid. 

Here is a run-down.

After about 4 hours of sleep, I got up (late) and rushed to the kitchen to make teddy bear toast in honor of Parker's class mascot, the "Brave Bears". 

He was unimpressed which I was not surprised by and didn't touch the fruit….which I was also not surprised by. This is why you shouldn't try too hard for a two-year-old.

I was genuinely nervous about his first day of school. He is not a man of many words, so "prepping" him for the big day was pretty much a one-way conversation with a lot of staring/ignoring. 

I didn't even try with the paci and blankie. They are his best buds and it would have been too much. I was just happy that he actually stood by the door and said "teese" for a picture when I asked (not that it got me any sort of smile). 

I should also mention that I forgot to pick out clothes for his first day. Just forgot. Yes. 

Excuse my maternity pants. Agh. 

He was being an ornery little thing that morning and wanted nothing to do with the camera. Once we got to his classroom, he ran straight to the toys (which he had discovered on Open House night) and went to town.

I was so sweaty and flustered trying to make sure I had brought everything (forgot the school supplies). 

He cried when we left which I felt terrible about until I had a few sweet sweet ladies that I know from LCU tell me they would keep an eye on him for me. 

My mom and I left after the mention of a much deserved Sonic coke and then headed home to count down the hours till 2 when we could go and get him. We filled the time with work and organizing baby clothes. I also cleaned the carpet in Parker's new room and moved his clothes to his new closet and dresser! Hallelujah. 

I kept imagining different scenarios before we went to get him. Most of them including the lines, "He's not ready for this…", BUT we got that and were told that he did GREAT! He ran to the door with the sweetest little smile and dance. His teacher, Miss Sumer, is super nice and said that she was really proud of him. He slept on his nap mat and even sat in his chair without problems which was absolutely shocking to me. I don't think I give him enough credit sometimes.

After many words of praise to our Parker man, we headed home and were completely entertained and exhausted by him for the rest of the afternoon. 

The kid was crazy. I think he was still hyped up on school energy.

(I asked him to laugh. This is what he did. A-HAHAHAHA. And then went back to a serious face.)

He screamed the ABC's while ruthlessly knocking over domino towers until he was blue in the face. And then he watched iPhone videos of himself doing said activities. He finds himself very entertaining.

This child loves his ABC's. He says W like "Doubwel-you-e-you-e-you-e-youuuuuu", which I think is just the funniest thing on the planet. 

He also had sucker face for most of the afternoon. (Thanks, Nonnie.)

Parker is such a rascally boy. He is sweet and very tender-hearted, but also very mischievous, very stubborn at times, and always full of life. We are so proud of him on his first day at Sugar N Spice!

Now we just have to get through every other day of pre-school after this :). Lord help us.

1 comment:

  1. He's adorable and these pictures are great! Isn't the 2 hour break heavenly? I know I'm going to miss my daughter when it's time for full day school but I have the feeling I'll still be busy!


I love comments! Thank you!

I try to respond to all questions directly in the comment section, so be sure to check back if you ask anything.