I DO take pictures on time and write down little notes about that month, but never post them. SO, we are doing a 6 and 7 month recap for this post! Here we go for 6 months...
Height: 26.2 inches
Weight: 17lbs 10oz
Head Circumference: 17.8 inches
- You wear size 3 diapers and mostly 6-9 month clothing.
- You have already grown out of your Christmas jammies that we got before you were born. So big! Christmas in October was awesome.
- You nurse 4-5 times a day and usually take about 6 ounces, I think.
- You sleep 10-11 hours each night.
- You tried A LOT of baby food this month but weren't a big fan of any of it, really. The things you tolerate the most are bananas and pears. We usually try and feed you 1-2 times per day.
- You flip flop and scoot ALL around your crib at night and frequently fall asleep in one of the corners of the crib with your legs stuck in the slats.
- You started pushing up on all fours and can drag yourself around on the floor. You are also a pro at scooting backwards.
- You still love football games and love going to team dinners with dad. The players LOVE you and freak me out pretty often by stealing you and taking pictures.
- You caught your first cold this month and I was a wreck. :)
- You love to talk to yourself at nap time and of course, you still love to growl. It is still hilarious.
- You suddenly sprouted a lot of hair at some point this month. It is SO blonde and fluffy and I love it.
- You enjoyed a visit from your Grammie this month!
Height: Maybe 27 inches?
Weight: Maybe 18 or a little more pounds?
Maybe 18 inches or more. Your head is always off the charts!
- You wear size 3 diapers and 6-9 month clothes. And maybe some 9-12 month clothing, but I'm in denial....
- You are still nursing 4-5 times a day and eating about 6-7 ounces each time.
- We quit baby food. Again. You just weren't a fan and your doctor said not to push it too hard.
- You cut your front bottom 2 teeth on November 1st! It was a big deal in our house!
- You were a little stud at your first Halloween. I decided to make your costume (which was very exhausting) but SO worth it. We went to Trunk or Treat at church and you were a pumpkin at the Lubbock Fair who won "First Place Cutest Pumpkin". Our trunk won second place, and I know it was all because of you being so stinkin' cute in your puffy costume.
- You started saying "dadadadada" at the beginning of the month and are SO proud of yourself.
- You started saying "mamamama" later this month and are so SO proud of yourself. We LOVE this!
- You have an absolutely awesome "grandpa face" that you make when your gums hurt. It is adorable. Especially when you smile while making it. (see photo above)
- You still growl and have recently started doing some pretty girly sounding screams when you think something is exciting.
- You have started cuddling and laying your heads on our chests. Melts. My. Heart.
- You have started reaching for us....especially me. :) I feel pretty awesome.
- We enjoyed a trip from Julie and Nonnie this month and then headed to Colorado later on this month for your first Thanksgiving! You had a lot of fun being adorable and happy. Nonnie tried to corrupt you with pots and pans and loud banging and Pops got you a bike wagon and we went on your first bike ride! You were SO indifferent about this, and just sat slumped over for an hour and got SO made when we tried to straighten you up. This is still funny to me.
- You are so so so close to crawling! You rock and rock and rock and then fall over on your belly or face. I guess you will do it when you are ready! You still crawl backwards and scoot everywhere though.
- One of my favorite memories from this month was at the last team dinner of the season, the speaker was getting the team all riled up and they were yelling...you know, like boys do. Well--you were having none of that. The second it got quiet, you started screaming like those boys were the scariest things on the planet. I couldn't help but laugh as ran you out of the room. Everyone got a pretty good kick out of it. :)
I think that's about it. Thank you all for letting me share all of my rambling of first-time motherhood! It is all very exciting when you've never experienced it before. :)
I have my house all decked out for Christmas and am hoping to get some pictures up soon! Have a great day!