Oscar Fashion

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Who all watched the Oscars last night?? This is the only awards show that I will sit through (and that Bryan will tolerate) and 99% of it is due to the fashion! I think it's completely awesome that I can be a fashion critic for a few hours each year....anyone else agree?


I thought I'd share  my top 10 Oscar dresses for the year. I changed this list about 50 times before I just decided to leave it alone. There were so many great dresses, but these were the ones that stood out the most (to me, at least)!


10. Gwyneth Paltrow in Tom Ford
So classic and simple. Only Gwyn could pull off a cape!




 
9.  Jessica Chastain in Alexander McQueen
This dress was definitely unique and went perfectly with her skin tone and hair color!




 
8.  Ellie Kemper in Armani Prive
I LOVE sparkly dresses. Love them. And this one matches her hair....it is all so perfect.




7. Michelle Williams in Louis Vuitton
The cut of this dress and the whimsy frills are just to die for.

 



 
6. Viola Davis in Vera Wang
Could this green be any more perfect on her?? I think not. And the chiffon (or organza?) ruffles at the bottom add just the right touch.

 




 
5. Cameron Diaz in Gucci
Ah! This picture does not do this dress justice. When she walked, it was perfection. I love the sparkles going down the skirt.

 


 
4. Octavia Spencer in Tadashi Shoji
I totally got choked up during her acceptance speech. And this dress was absolutley stunning on her. Such a great silloute!





3. Giuliana Rancic in Tony Ward
I love this lady! I can't believe that she looks so great after all of her hardships this past year. The sleeves, the bodice....I am obsessed with this gown...it's something I would want to wear if I ever went to the Oscar's.

 



2.  Milla Jovovich in Elie Saab
Another photo that doesn't do the dress justice. I'm obviously in love with bling. I literally gasped when I saw her on the red carpet. SO classic!

 



 
1. Stacy Keibler in Marchesa 
There is no one better than George Clooney's girlfriend to wear this gown. It is seriously a work of art. And that gathered rose at her hip? Ah....I die.

 


I just noticed that my top 5 are all neutrals. Bah, oh well...I'm a sucker for neutrals. :)


What were you favorites??? Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. We share many of the same favorites from last night! Will be posting my list in the morning! I totally agree about Cameron Diaz's dress...when she walked on stage I was like "WOW" ...that was probably one of my favorites of the night! Love your list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Michelle's and Gwyn's! Also Emma Stone! I thought Kristen Wiig also looked stunning. Great top 10 picks!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you!

I try to respond to all questions directly in the comment section, so be sure to check back if you ask anything.