Some Family Pictures

Saturday, November 15, 2014

We didn't get a chance to do family/brother photos at our newborn session so I took some last week before Hayes got too big to pass for an itty bitty newborn. He is ONE month old now. What? What a sweet month it has been.

Okay, there are a lot of photos, but I couldn't pick and these are really just a few of my favorites (I have a ton more that I didn't post). Sorry in advance. I know my grandma will appreciate these though and that's really all that counts. :)

We tried to be really casual with these….in our house, not dressed up, etc….still no luck with the eldest child, although he was super sweet to his brother, super crazy, but sweet. Wouldn't look at the camera, but sweet.



Ah! Tiny fingers. Why do they have to get bigger? WHY?




Bryan and I can argue with the best of them, and he drives me crazy on a near daily basis, but he is a good dad. Like a good one. Which is really the best thing he can be.






Little chubs! He has fattened up so much this month it's ridiculous.







He is a good big brother. 



…but not interested in photos at all. I can't blame him since he's two. Very two. I still love these photos though. :)







Don't you just want to eat him? I want to eat him. I'll just have a baby every year so we can snuggle and smell them. I'm kidding. Kind of. ;)




See? I've always been annoyed when people say "my people" but I'll say it…my people are so cute. We rewarded ourselves with a trip to IHOP because we super classy like that. (I love IHOP. And their white chocolate raspberry pancakes--limited time! Go now!)

On another note…well, I'm not sure I even want to share this, because I really hate to share bad things about my life, but since this is my blog and I'm trying to be better about that I think I will. I am bad with feelings. And my family is pretty hush hush with them too. My family has had a crappy year. Hayes was definitely the bright side to it all. I won't elaborate too much other than to say that there have been a lot of health problems for several people and my dad especially has been through the ringer….He has been going through chemo for cancer which thank the Lord he is now in remission for (that's a whole other story), but this past Thursday, my grandaddy, his dad, passed away. We are heading to the funeral on Sunday. He had Alzheimer's, so we haven't been able to "know" him for a really long time. I was trying to remember the last time I had a conversation with him where he was fully himself…able to speak normally, eat, take care of himself completely…it must have been 8 or 9 years ago….Anyways, he is healed now, and that is all that matters. I've been really removed from it all for so long, probably more than I should have been, but I am of course still sad.

So, really I guess I'm saying this because I feel like some transparency is needed on here. It's been a hard year for my family--and I truly suck at handling it/comforting people/knowing what to say, etc.

Anyways…I guess I'm asking for prayers for my dad, grand mommy, aunt…just everyone. 

-----

Okay. I'm done! 

1 comment:

  1. Your pics are beautiful! I remember always taking pictures of my little guy when he was little, and that was hard with just one:)
    Hugs for you and your family. Losing anyone is hard, but family, well, they're family. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you!

I try to respond to all questions directly in the comment section, so be sure to check back if you ask anything.