To Baby Hayes

Tuesday, October 28, 2014











To our dear baby Hayes,

You have been in our family for almost two weeks now, and I wanted to write down a few things about you before I forget, because I know all too well that this time will fly by and my exhausted brain will not remember much.

You are basically a very mellow guy who loves to snuggle, eat, sleep, and poop. You seriously poop so much that it kind of amazes me. We hold you all the time, which I fear may become a problem with sleep training in our near future, but your sweet baby snuggles mingled with the smell of baby shampoo and Dreft have me wrapped around your tiny fingers! You constantly grunt and sigh which is just the cutest thing ever, and have a very distinct cry--like a choppy little laugh, that we only really hear when you get your diaper changed. You currently hate your baths, but are totally willing to let you big brother love on you a little too aggressively. Thank you for that…he loves you a lot, and is so very sweet, but in a definite two-year-old kind of way. You nurse like a champ, and were already 2 ounces past your birth weight at your 1 week appointment, which I was personally proud of, since it proves that our 2 am feedings are not for nothing! (8 pounds 2 ounces, to be exact.)

Your faces are hilarious. You have a hefty number of them, and you aren't even smiling yet! I don't know what to do with all of your hair, and I get sad when I notice it getting lighter each day. A few firsts for this week: I trimmed your fingernails (all parents know how terrifying this is), you lost the rest of your cord, you went shopping for the first time, went out to eat for the first time, and joined us at the grocery store for the first time. You also accompanied your brother to LCU for trick or treating and to the corn maize (both of which you slept through entirely). 

Most of our days the last two weeks have been spent sitting on the couch, looking at you, playing with you and your brother, laughing at you and your brother, eating way too much food, and watching movies. It's kind of like Christmas vacation, but better because we got you instead of a bunch of stuff. 

You are the perfect addition to our family. I am sad that you are growing but I know that God has big plans for you and he needs you to grow up for them, so I guess I'm okay with it. ;) We are so thankful to be your parents. And now you are waking up to eat, so I must go!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thank you!

I try to respond to all questions directly in the comment section, so be sure to check back if you ask anything.