Paint Colors: A Reference List

Monday, July 29, 2013

I get emails about what colors we've used in our first house all the time, so I thought I would go ahead and write a quick post to wrangle all of our paint colors into one spot. Hope this will help both you and me out (I'm terrible at remembering my paint colors and always have to look them up in my blog posts).


The original color we used in our living room, dining room, and kitchen was Valspar Bread Basket. It's a great warm beige color that looks kind of yellow/gold in pictures. 


In our laundry room, we painted stripes (one of my fave projects) and used our ceiling color--Valspar Woodrow Wilson Blush-- and Glidden Antique White. It's very subtle and pretty much perfect in my book.


Last Labor Day Weekend, I very randomly decided that we needed a change so we pulled an all-nighter and freshened up the house with Benjamin Moore Camouflage which I LOVE. I'm so obsessed with it, in fact, that we also used this in our new house in the living, kitchen, dining, and entryway. Pictures to come. (eventually!)


As mentioned above, the ceiling color throughout our old house was Valspar Woodrow Wilson Blush which is a great warm beige--almost white. It really warmed up our house and made it look much more custom. I love the "Woodrow Wilson" colors by Valspar, they are great neutrals.


Our bedroom was painted in Valspar Bay Sands, which is a very light gray-blue that changes throughout the day. 


Our bathroom was painted in Valspar Castle Sands, which is a shade darker than our bedroom color. This one looks a lot more green though. It is great for a room with a lot of natural light!


And last but not least is the nursery color, which is Valspar Cliveden Gray morning. We painted this in Parker's new room too, just 20% lighter. Can you tell  we buy most of our paint at Lowe's? ;) The board and batten color is also from Lowe's, although I can't remember the brand. (shame!) I know that it's called Clean White though, if that helps. 

I should also note that I never really tested colors...I'm too impatient for that. AND I never compared them to each other so I was surprised when I was writing this post to see that many of them are pretty much the same color :-/. Haha, oh well....I will have to work on that in this new house!

I have also updated my Home Tour Gallery to include swatches of our paint colors and links the original room posts.

Have a wonderful day!


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I too love decorating with neutral colors, especially when it comes to paint. I'd rather bring in color through the accessories. Though I find I always gravitate towards the cool blue and green tones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! I read something about how blue and green inspire creativity--maybe that's why I like them so much? Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you!

I try to respond to all questions directly in the comment section, so be sure to check back if you ask anything.