Taking a little break...

Wednesday, September 14, 2011


Hello, friends. In case you haven't noticed, I've decided to take a short break from blog world. I probably should have explained this before my mysterious disappearance, but since I can't go back in time, I will go ahead and explain it now :).

I suppose it's something that other bloggers will understand. Do you ever get the feeling that you just can't keep up? That it's too much? For the past few weeks, I kept looking at all of the amazing blogs out there with their creative ideas, beautiful houses, and organized lives and honestly just became a little drained and burnt out trying to keep up. How on earth is a girl supposed to do all of that and keep up with up with a house, a job, and a happy social life away from the computer? I mean seriously, I don't know how some people do it. So I decided to step away for awhile, and I'm happy to report that it's done me some good.  Really, any time something stops being fun and starts to feel like work, especially if it's a hobby (like blogging), I just have to step back and re-evaluate why I started doing it in the first place. I hope that makes sense. I was just feeling very creatively drained....which is no good for someone who likes to be creative.

Anywho, I'm back! I still have several more days of the 30 for 30 Challenge to share, and I am hoping to get multiple outfits posted at once so that we can be forever free from this never-ending challenge! I have to confess, we still haven't taken pictures of some of the outfits because unfortunately, my husband disappears once football season starts, so I lost my camera man for the last few days. Bummer. But, I'm hoping to get caught up this weekend!

I hope you all are still out there and willing to read. I will be going back to normal posting in the next few days.

Talk to you soon!

13 comments:

  1. I was wonderding what happened to you! Glad to see you back :)

    That is totally understandable, and it's good you took a break for yourself. I am new to blogging and can already see the potential for becoming overwhelmed and drained. In time I'm sure I will be doing the same :)

    Can't wait to see the rest of your 30!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really happy you decided to come back! I really love reading your blog- it's one one of my favorites. Thanks for being so inspiring!

    Shannon @ Imperfectly-Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you're back! I love waking up in the morning to an e-mail with your daily blog post and you've inspired me to start my own blog. Thank you for putting out great and creative ideas!

    Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so understand how easy it is to become overwhelmed. How wise you are to take some time to rest, we all need that. Glad you are back though, you were missed!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, glad you're back!

    I just started blogging too and already feel guilty if I don't find time to post in a day (and even more guilty that I don't even have a 'header' yet!) But I don't think we should feel like that, it should be something that's fun and we should do it when WE want!

    Take a break whenever you want, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you took that time! It is sometimes so refreshing to step away from the computer and just regroup. When it starts to feel like a task, just take a break! You haven't lost me- I'm still out there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katy- I may or may not have stalked you on Linked In to make sure you were still alive and well!

    Glad you're back... and don't feel bad, I lose the mojo all the time. I used to want to post 5 times a week, but now I am content with at least trying to get 3 a week. Except this week, only 1!!

    There are some blogs out there that just wear me out to read too! But you don't have to keep up with them... you are a working girl!! Be proud of yourself for finding a balance that works for you, and be proud that your social life away from the computer took precedence over your blog life. That's always a good thing.

    I look forward to anything new you have to post, even if it's only a couple times a week!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad your back lady! I know exactly how you feel! It can be overwhelming and thats excatly when we need a blog break!

    xo em

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally understand where you are coming from! It is not fun when it seems like you HAVE to do it! I hope this helps... I awarded you "The Versatile Blogger" Award! Check out my Saturday post to see the details!

    Hope you have a great week! Glad to see you back!

    Tiffany {Living Savvy}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Katy! It looks like you're taking more of an extended break than you thought, but I just wanted to say hi (again) and let you know that you're missed! I look forward to reading new posts from you whenever you write them. And I did start that blog I mentioned before! I'd love if you checked out (no pressure) but you definitely helped to inspire me. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Next few days??? We are going on weeks sister-I miss reading about your life :) Come back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, I just found your lovely blog. Hope you'll be back to posting soon!
    www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you!

I try to respond to all questions directly in the comment section, so be sure to check back if you ask anything.