My 2016 Book List

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

It's February and I've been a horrible reader so far for 2016. I normally read about two books a month (which may not sound like a lot but it's really all I can manage), but in January I started a total of 5 books and didn't finish a one of them. FIVE. I think it was mostly because they were all non-fiction and required too much thinking about my life and I just can't. handle. that. right now. You know? Too busy. Need escape.

I started The Girl With No Past over the weekend and am loving it. A good fiction is always the ticket.



I thought I would go ahead and post a little list of the books I would like to get to this year. I would love to know if you've read any of these and what your thoughts are. Also, new recommendations are always FABULOUS. I would love those as well. :)

(Titles are linked.)

1. The Girl With No Past by Kathryn Croft
2. Love Does by Bob Goff
3. One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp (I've had this one for YEARS and have never finished it....but everyone I know is obsessed with it.)
4. The Fringe Hours by Jessica Turner (another one I started...about halfway through)
5. Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling
6. Why Not Me? by Mindy Kaling
7. Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
8. Strong and Kind by Korie Robertson
9. Audacious by Beth Moore
10. Every Bitter Thing is Sweet by Sara Hagerty
11. Own Your Life by Sally Clarkson
12. Simply Tuesday by Emily Freeman
13. The Good Girl by Mary Kubica
14. Pretty Girls by Karin Slaughter
15. After You by Jojo Moyes
16. Bossypants by Tina Fey
17. Yes Please by Amy Poehler
18. Daring Greatly by Brene Brown
19. Rising Strong by Brene Brown
20. The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin
21. The Shape of Mercy by Susan Meissner
22. Cutting For Stone by Abraham Verghese
23. A Fall of Marigolds by Susan Meissner
24. All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
25. The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom
26. Looking for Alaska by John Green (my sister got me this for Christmas!)
27. Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah
28. Bittersweet by Shauna Niequist
29. Missional Motherhood by Gloria Furman
30. Men Are Like Waffles, Women Are Like Spaghetti by Bill Farrel
31. The Five love Languages by Gary Chapman (read this one before....need a refresher)
32. Interrupted by Jen Hatmaker (this one, too)
33. Making Children Mind Without Losing Yours by Kevin Lehman (this one, too--it's good!)
34. 7 by Jen Hatmaker (I've actually never read this one!)

We will see if all of these happen. I could have added more non-fiction, too---there have been so many on my list lately that it is just getting ridiculous. I also feel like I'm greatly lacking in the fiction department, especially since that's what I enjoy the most anyway.

Again, I would love suggestions! What are your favorites from this list? What would you add?

6 comments:

  1. I'm trying to read more this year too! Looking for Alaska was great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read it! I also read Paper Towns and The Fault in Our Stars. I love the way he writes his characters.

      Delete
  2. I love Kristin Hannah books...Firefly Lane is one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, me too!! I cried so much in that one, it was so good. I also loved The Nightingale. Amazing!

      Delete
  3. Two books a month. Katy, that is awesome. I am sitting at one book a year. Looking forward to accomplishing this list by the time I am 61 ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you!

I try to respond to all questions directly in the comment section, so be sure to check back if you ask anything.