Thanksgiving Tablescape

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

I am back with another project for Jo-Ann that's I'll be sharing today on KAMR at 4:00. Excuse me while I do a fist pump....these are so fun!

With the big eating and thanking day looming, I wanted to show a bit of a nontraditional Thanksgiving tablescape that is easy, affordable, and incorporates both new and old, elegant and rustic.



I wanted to feature these birch tealight candle holders that are extremely easy to make (if you have a handy husband) and are featured on the Jo-Ann Maker's Guide. The originals are actually dipped in gold paint which I LOVED, but I decided to keep them plain to draw more attention the other elements of the table.

For my family, at least, we always seem to mix and match each other's styles, dishes, and decorations to make our Thanksgiving table. I personally think it's really great to capitalize on this and use several different styles to make your table interesting and cozy. It ain't 1960 anymore...we can have a bit of fun with "formal" decor!





I decided to use my mother-in-laws 35-year-old china which is gold-rimmed and super fancy. Add the gold tapers (Jo-Ann), crystal holders (MIL), silk napkins (mine), and pretty stemware and you've got all the elegance you need.

To counter this, I threw in the birch candle holders which have stolen my heart, some fun and casual patterned ribbons to tie the napkins with, and black "chalkboard" place tags and thankful cards (great prompt at dinner!), to add a bit of rustic fun. (Use a dressmaking pencil to write with...easy and cheap!)




The happy mediums in this whole setting are the linen and gold trellis table runner I sewed super quick (fabric from Jo-Ann....I spent a whole $11 on it), and some grocery store greenery (a $6 bunch) fresh pears, and squash. Oh, and the giant fake pumpkin that JA had on sale (I got two of them...they were cute.)





So that's that! What do you plan for and consider when planning your Thanksgiving tablescape? I would love to hear ideas. 

Have a wonderful Wednesday!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thank you!

I try to respond to all questions directly in the comment section, so be sure to check back if you ask anything.