Our Bedroom So Far

Thursday, June 18, 2015

I have learned one thing in the last two years: decorating while you stay at home with kids takes a WHOLE lot of time, like two years of it. A couple of weeks ago, I finally FINALLY sat down to sew us a bedskirt and pillow for our bed. After living here for so long, this makes me one happy lady! I am an *extremely* visual person and very much obsessive so this has been hard for me to go so slowly when decorating our house….but I've managed to do it, so far, at least. Does this happen to anyone else or is it just me?


Anyways…here is some of our bedroom, which I am really starting to love!





The bookshelves were given to us by my in-laws. We painted them white and I styled them with things we already had (and all of our books). FREE!



I finally found my nightstands for $50 each on Craigslist. They actually weren't even listed, but we went to meet with the seller to buy a dresser for our living room and he had these there as well and asked if we wanted them (they match the dresser).  Fate, I tell you! I l-o-v-e these. They are extremely nice, solid wood, dovetailed drawers, and are exactly what I had envisioned. (Also painted.)








I already talked about the fabric--all from Hancock. I paid $5 for the Robert Allen on the pillow! The curtains are my favorite white panels from Ikea, and the lamps are from TJ Maxx which I got right after we moved in. Quilt is Overstock and Euro shams were clearance at Dillard's. I've had most of this stuff for about 2 years now and didn't really buy any accessories new…I had all of it because I am a home decor hoarder. (It's a problem.) Oh, and that headboard. I spent all of my birthday money on it 2 years ago. TJ Maxx. My favorite headboard ever.

Still working on the dressers and wall art on the other half of the room but it is coming together! I found some awesome mirrored frames on clearance at HomeGoods (I feel so weird typing that, we finally have a HomeGoods!) and just ordered some of our wedding photos to fill them. 

Oh, and there's this kid, who happily played by my side while I played photographer. (I had to crop train tracks and random toys out of several pictures.)



That's about all I got. Hope you liked it!


Sharing at The Shabby Nest too!






6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous as always! You have such an elegant eye...you wouldn't know two rowdy boys live there at all! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Natasha! You are sweet. Our house is definitely covered in toys and milk spots though!

      Delete
  2. Do you remember the name of the fabric you bought? love that bedskirt and lumbar pillow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! Thank you! I do not know the name of it, but it is by Robert Allen. The bedskirt fabric was just some clearance fabric....pretty basic, kind of has a tweed look to it. Don't know if this helps at all!

      Delete

I love comments! Thank you!

I try to respond to all questions directly in the comment section, so be sure to check back if you ask anything.